Welcome to the 58th Annual Contra Costa County Championship Swim Meet. This year, the meet will be held on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, August 2nd-4th at Acalanes High School, starting at 4 p.m. on Friday and 9 a.m. Saturday and Sunday. The address is 1200 Pleasant Hill Rd.
We recognize that it is an exceptional accomplishment for any swimmer who qualifies for this Meet, and we intend to make their experience as positive and fulfilling as possible.
Visit Eligibility Rules, and Qualifying times.
Follow us on Twitter.
We will again hold Championship Finals (1st-10th) and Consolation Finals (11th 20th) for all Individual Events and results from both will be included in the team scores. Medals will be awarded to 1st – 10th place and Rosette Ribbons will be awarded for 11th – 20th place. We will hold Championship Finals only for Relay Events (1st-10th). Relay Teams will be awarded medals for 1st – 10th places only; however, scoring for relays will include the top 20 places. Please see the Meet Information sheet in this packet for additional information on scoring and awards.
Clerk of the Course – All swimmers must check in and be seated at the Clerk of the Course before their events AND immediately following the Clerk’s Final Call for that age group. No parents will be allowed inside the Clerk of the Course at any time during the meet. Coaches may accompany swimmers 8 and under, only. This area is for participating swimmers and their coaches (as allowed above) only.
Team areas will be explained in a future communication as we get closer to the meet.
Parking – We will be sending out an updated parking information sheet as we get closer to the meet, VIP parking has SOLD OUT. Please note that there is No Parking on the street anywhere on Pleasant Hill Road. Cars parked here will be towed by the City of Lafayette at the owner’s expense.
MEET INFORMATION (download pdf)
The Contra Costa County Championship Swim Meet, the County’s premiere recreational swim meet for the last 58 years, is open to invited recreational swim teams in Contra Costa County.
There will be three divisions in the meet. Teams will be entered in a division based on the number of entries in the meet. Team competition will be within the respective divisions only.
Each contestant may enter two individual events for which he or she qualifies. The Individual Medley is considered one individual event. Each contestant may also swim in both relays, in addition to the individual events entered. Each team may enter 2 relay teams per event. Individual relay swimmers need not have met a County qualifying time.
The fees for the 2019 Contra Costa County Championship Swim Meet are as follows:
|Swimmer Entry (“Splash Fee”):||$12.00 per swimmer|
|Individual Event Fee:||$12.00 per individual event|
|Relay Fee for each Relay:||$24.00 per relay|
Current USA rules, including the “whistle start” and “no recall” rules, will govern strokes, turns, starts, finishes, etc., with compliance enforced by the referees, starters, and stroke and turn judges. For ages 9 and up, “Flyover” starts will be used during trials. Coaches will be reminded of this at the coaches’ meeting both days.
- Swimsuits for men may not extend above the navel or below the knee and for women may not cover the neck or extend past the shoulders or below the knee;
- No zippers or other fastening devices are allowed except for a waist tie on a brief or jammer;
- Suits must be of textile material and must not be made of any rubberized type of material such as polyurethane or neoprene
- Championship Pins for every swimmer who qualifies for an individual event
- Medals for 1st through 10th place in the final heat
- Rosette ribbons for 11th through 20th place in the consolation heat
- Medals for 1st through 10th places
- Record holder awards for individuals and relay teams that set a new standing meet record
High Point Swimmer
- One boy and one girl in each age group will be selected for this award, based upon points earned in individual events. Ties will be awarded to both swimmers.
- One boys’ team and one girls’ team will be selected for this award, based upon performance relative to meet records, expressed as a percentage.
- Team trophies for 1st through 3rd place, based upon points earned.
All awards and pins may be picked up by a team representative at any time at the Awards Desk. The representative will be given all of their teams’ awards up to that point of the meet. The Awards Desk will be open each afternoon, beginning with the first final events of the day. No individual swimmer or parent may pick up awards during the meet. High Point Swimmer awards, Outstanding Relay awards, and Division Team trophies will be presented during the ceremony at the end of the meet on Sunday.
PRELIMINARY HEATS AND FINALS
Preliminary heats will be held for relays and all individual events except for the IM, which will be timed finals. The top 10 swimmers in each individual event will then participate in the Championship Finals for 1st through 10th place. Swimmers who finish in 11th through 20th place will compete in the Consolation Finals held immediately before the Championship Finals of the event. The top 10 relays in each event will swim in Championship Finals. All finalists, including relays and alternates, must check in at the Clerk of the Course when that final event is called.
- Relay trials will be Friday. Medley Relay finals will be the last event on Saturday, Free Relay finals will be the last event on Sunday.
- Only the top 10 relays will swim in finals. Places 11th-20th will still score points, but will not compete in the finals session.
- Names of the 4 swimmers in each relay and up to 2 alternates must be submitted with your team entries. These do not have to be the actual swimmers on that relay; however, any possible relay swimmer must be entered in the Meet as an “Athlete” on the entries submitted August 7th. Swimmers can only be entered in one relay per event, meaning the same swimmer may not swim on both an “A” and a “B” relay.
- If a swimmer competes on a relay on Friday, they may compete in that relay only in the finals session. For example, a swimmer who competes on an “B” Medley Relay team on Friday, is not eligible to swim on the “A” Medley Relay on Saturday. A swimmer who doesn’t compete on a relay in the trials session is still eligible to compete on a relay in finals. Any change to the names of swimmers between the trials and finals session must be completed on a Relay Change form and submitted to the Meet Director by the beginning of the lunch break each day.
ORDER OF EVENTS
|Friday, August 2nd|
Medley Relay Trials
Free Relay Trials
|Saturday, August 3rd|
IM Timed Finals (11 & Up)
Medley Relay Finals
|Sunday, August 4th|
Butterfly TrialsIM Timed Finals (7-8, 9-10)
Free Relay Finals
Scratches in preliminary heats are allowed and do not need to be reported to the desk; no replacements are allowed.
CLERK OF THE COURSE
Every swimmer must check in and be seated at the Clerk of the Course prior to swimming his/her event. We use a double check in procedure. All swimmers must check in at the entrance desk of the Clerk and all swimmers must be in their chairs as the heat is released to the blocks. If a swimmer is not seated in their chair immediately prior to being released to the blocks, they will be scratched from the event. Coaches or parents should make sure all swimmers arrive at the Clerk of the Course when their events are called. Only swimmers, and coaches of 8 and under swimmers, will be allowed inside the Clerk of the Course.
Open warm-up for all teams:
|Friday:||2:15-3:30pm||Open to all swimmers|
|3:30-3:50pm||Open to 8 & under swimmers only|
|Sat. & Sun.||7:15-8:30am||Open to all swimmers|
|8:30-8:50am||Open to 8 & under swimmers only|
Please pay attention to which lanes are designated for starts by the Deck Referee during warm-ups.